These baked sweet potato fries are super easy to make, crispy and a much healthier compared to normal potato fries. Sweet potatoes have several health benefits as they have a high concentration of important vitamins and minerals, they’re a good source of beta-carotine (a powerful antioxidant) and high in fibre. Read more here.
From burgers to dipping in sauces for a nice afternoon lunch, these baked sweet potato fries can be a healthy addition to your favourite foods or simply enjoyed by themselves with a tasty dipping sauce. I recommend these as a quick snack some easy homemade hummus.
Baked Sweet Potato Fries Recipe
- 2 large sweet potatoes peeled
- 2 tablespoons vegetable or olive oil
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- 1/2 teaspoon pink salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 °C). You can use a baking sheet coated in oil or baking paper for these fires. Prepare the baking tray or baking paper by using some oil to thinly coat the surface.
- Place sweet potatoes and soybean oil in a resealable plastic bag or a large bowl and toss gently. Add in the corn starch, salt, black pepper, paprika and garlic powder and toss again. Make sure the fries are evenly coated with all the ingredients.
- Arrange the potatoes in one layer on the prepared baking tray. Make sure they don't overlap as this helps the fries crisp up well.
- Bake for 20 minutes on one side, remove from the oven and flip over. Bake for 10 minutes on the other side. Remove and allow to cool for 5 minutes before serving.
Let me know how yours turned out in the comments below!
Follow us on Instagram for our latest recipes and tips for your plant-based journey.
Thank you for reading
Love chocolate? Try our super simple vegan chocolate brownies