Easy Vegan Chili Recipe
On those colder days when you’re craving your favourite hearty and warming foods, what better to make than our easy vegan chili recipe? It’s quick to prepare, tasty and packed full of fresh vegetables, beans and spices. It’s so simple, uses wholesome ingredients and can be made very affordably too!
We love this recipe because of the rainbow of vegetables going into it. Bright red onion, green celery, vibrant carrots and colourful peppers all come together in a colour wheel of goodness. The perfect mix of herbs and spices gives the chili its signature spicy heat.
Our Easy Vegan Chili Recipe is Perfect for Meal Prep!
Not only is our meatless chili perfect for those colder days but it also freezes excellently making it the perfect recipe for meal prep. If you’re meal prepping this, we always double the recipe. We then can eat some and store half in the freezer for those days when making something healthy from scratch is too much effort.
It’s easy as defrosting the chili overnight, warming it up and serving with your favourite garnishes. A healthy, hearty vegan chili ready in just 5 minutes!
Easy Vegan Chili
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1 red onion finely chopped
- 1 red bell pepper finely chopped
- 3 small carrots finely chopped
- 2 ribs celery chopped
- 2 medium green chillies finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons crushed garlic
- 1 - 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 3 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 15 oz / 420g cans of diced tomatoes
- 1 15 oz / 420g can of butter beans rinsed under cold water and drained
- 2 15 oz / 420g cans of red kidney beans rinsed under cold water and drained
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- fresh cilantro
- lime juice
- ripe avocado
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat. Once hot, add the chopped red onion, red pepper, carrots, celery and green chilies to the pot and stir to combine. Let the mixture sauté for 8 - 12 minutes until the onions are translucent.
- Add the crushed garlic and mix in. Add 1 - 2 tablespoons of chili powder depending on how hot you like your chili. Add in the rest of the spices, the cumin, smoked paprika, dried oregano and salt. Stir to combine and let it all cook together for 1 minute.
- Add the diced tomatoes with their juices to the pot along with the rinsed butter beans, kidney beans and vegetable stock. Mix it all together very well and cook on high for 5 minutes.
- After the mixture has warmed through thoroughly, reduce the hear, cover and allow to simmer for 30 minutes.
- Once the chili has reduced, adjust the taste to your preferences and serve over rice. Garnish with fresh cilantro, avocado, drizzle with lime juice and enjoy!
If you make our vegan chili recipe let us know by leaving a comment, tagging us on Instagram or using the hashtag #deliciousplants, we can’t wait to see what you come up with!
What about something for that sweet tooth? Why not give our No-Bake Vegan Carrot Cake a try!7