Easy Vegan Brownies with Peanut Butter Caramel! (Gluten-Free)
Easy Vegan Brownies with Peanut Butter Caramel
We first met when I invited Johan over to my house to try a batch of brownies I had made. Unlike the brownies served that day which were full of sugar and flour, our vegan brownies recipe for today is gluten-free, refined sugar free and take only 15 minutes to prepare!
And don’t get me started on the peanut butter caramel we made, this stuff is seriously addictive! Adding it over the rich chocolate base of the brownie and topping it all off with a layer of melted chocolate creates a truly decadent chocolate dessert, making them quite possibly the best vegan brownies we have ever had!
Easy Vegan Brownies with Peanut Butter Caramel!
For the Brownie Base:
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 6 tablespoons raw cacao powder
- 1 cup pitted dates If using dried dates soak them in hot water for 15 minutes to soften.
- 2 teaspoons desiccated coconut
For the Peanut Butter Caramel:
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon salt
For the Chocolate Frosting:
- 200 gram vegan dark chocolate chopped
- 2 tablespoons plant-based milk
- To make the base, add the walnuts, almonds and raw cacao powder to a food processor and pulse until fine. Add in the dates and desiccated coconut and process until well combined and the mixture sticks together when pressed between your fingers.
- Spoon the mixture into a parchment lined dish of whatever size you like. We usually use a smaller container as we like our brownies to be very thick and decadent. Press the mixture down into an even layer and set aside.
- To make the peanut butter caramel layer, add the peanut butter, maple syrup, coconut oil, vanilla extract and salt into a bowl and whisk together. The mixture will soon resemble a silky smooth caramel.
- Pour the caramel over the brownie base, smooth it out with a spatula and allow to set in the refrigerator while you melt the chocolate for the top.
- Add the chopped vegan chocolate into a bowl along with the plant milk and melt until smooth. Pour this over the top of the caramel layer and smooth out. Place into the refrigerator to cool for about an hour, serve and enjoy!
If you make our vegan brownies let us know by leaving a comment, tagging us on Instagram or using the hashtag #deliciousplants, we can’t wait to see what you come up with!
GET YOUR FREE ULTIMATE GUIDE TO MAKING VEGAN PIZZA NOW
We'll take you step-by-step through creating a mouth-wateringly crispy pizza with our secret Italian sauce and homemade melted vegan pizza cheese. All with ingredients you already have in the kitchen!
What about something else for that sweet tooth? Why not give our No-Bake Vegan Carrot Cake a try!