Our no-bake vegan carrot cake is so easy to make and absolutely mouth-watering!
We have fallen completely in love with this vegan carrot cake recipe, it’s so rich and creamy while also being healthy enough to snack on pretty much guilt-free! But, to be honest, the only reason we even make these raw carrot cake bars is for that delicious cashew cream frosting.
You will need a food processor to make the vegan carrot cake base. I use this Breville one for a lot of my recipes as I find it powerful enough to make short work of anything. You can use a smaller food processor like I had to before I got the Breville, just make sure to split up the mixture and process it in batches.
P.S. What about some healthy vegan pancakes? Give our super simple blueberry vegan pancakes a try!
Raw Vegan Carrot Cake with Cashew Cream Frosting
For the Carrot Cake Base:
- 1 cup carrots (grated)
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1/2 cup coconut flakes
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1 cup pitted dates (soaked for 30 minutes in hot water)
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg (optional)
For the Cashew Cream Frosting:
- 1 1/2 cups raw cashews
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut oil (or sub half a banana)
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- crushed walnuts
To make the base:
- First, soak the cashews for the frosting in boiling hot water for 30 minutes. While they are soaking add the shredded carrots, walnuts, coconut flakes, coconut flour, pitted dates, the ginger, cinnamon and nutmeg to your food processor. Process until the mixture sticks together when you press it.
- Place this mixture in a loaf pan and spread out with a spatula in an even layer. Place the base in the freezer to set while you make the cashew frosting.
To make the frosting and assembly:
- To make the cashew cream frosting, drain your soaked cashews and add them to a blender. Add in the coconut milk, maple syrup, vanilla extract and coconut oil (or half a banana to make it oil-free). Blend until the cashew frosting is smooth.
- Remove the loaf pan from the freezer and, using a spatula, spread the icing over the base in an even layer, covering all the corners and then sprinkle with crushed walnuts.
- Place the loaf pan back into the freezer to set. The carrot cake will be fully firm in roughly 1 hour but you can also leave it to set overnight too.
- Once the carrot cake has set, slice it into 9 large slices or 12 mini slices and enjoy!