Our Fluffy Vegan Waffles are Perfect for Breakfast!
Having waffles for breakfast is just the best, especially when you have the recipe for our healthy vegan waffles. They're topped with vegan ice cream, fresh fruit and soaked with maple syrup. This has to be the best vegan waffle recipe ever! Fluffy and crispy waffles made with only 7 ingredients, they’re quick and super easy to make and refined sugar-free too.
Our vegan waffle recipe is so easy to customize that you might find yourself eating them every day (like we have been!). We have tried them with peanut butter and apple slices (a must!). We also may have gone a little overboard with the chocolate spread and chopped nuts at one stage. And of course, you can always go for classic whipped cream and strawberries.
This recipe is perfect for you meal preppers out there! Our completely eggless waffle recipe can easily be made ahead and frozen. Then they can then be quickly heated up in the toaster for a quick, healthy breakfast.
Making Perfect Fluffy Waffles Every Time
To help you make the best waffles ever, we have answered some questions that have been asked about this recipe. Read on for these helpful tips!
How do I make my waffles perfectly fluffy and cooked?
Making waffles is a combination of baking and frying. Baking your waffle gives it that fluffy interior and the frying on the outside gives it a golden brown, crisp exterior. So it’s vital to preheat your waffle iron for 5 minutes. Once it's hot you can pour the batter (½ a cup at a time) onto the waffle maker.
Pro tip: don’t over mix the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. Having some lumps in the batter will make for better waffles!
What plant milk can I use in this recipe?
You can really use any plant milk you prefer or have in your kitchen. Soy milk, almond milk, oat milk, and cashew milk are all good options for this recipe.
7-Ingredient Vegan Waffle Recipe
- Waffle Maker
- 1 & ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup plant-based milk
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil (melted)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to 100°C (212 F).
- In a large mixing bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Add the plant-based milk, maple syrup, coconut oil and vanilla extract to the mixing bowl and whisk until a batter forms. Leave some lumps in the batter as this helps the waffle become extra fluffy!
- Add roughly ½ a cup of batter (depending on your waffle iron) to your hot waffle iron and cook until golden brown and crispy.
- After the waffles are done cooking, store them in the preheated oven to keep fresh and stay warm.
- Stack your waffles high and serve with your favourite toppings. Our go-to toppings are some nice cream, strawberries and maple syrup. Enjoy!
P.S. Do you want some more vegan breakfast inspiration? Why not give our super simple blueberry vegan pancakes a try?
If you try this recipe, please leave us a rating and tag us on Instagram with #deliciousplants to be featured on our stories!