It's time for some creamy vegan cauliflower Alfredo!
After trying out many different recipes for a creamy Alfredo we have settled on this vegan cauliflower Alfredo as our favorite. It's cheaper to make than a cashew Alfredo, is extremely healthy for you and tastes way better than any of the other recipes we've tried out.
Who knew that a simple cauliflower could turn into something so rich and creamy? We love that this vegan cauliflower alfredo recipe is so rich and delicious but can come together in no time at all and be super healthy too!
Creamy Vegan Cauliflower Alfredo
For the Alfredo sauce:
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 large white onion (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon fresh garlic (crushed)
- 3 cups cauliflower (chopped)
- ½ cup plant-based milk (soy or almond milk works best here)
- 2 tablespoons Nutritional Yeast
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce (sub tamari to make this sauce 100% gluten-free)
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ cup water
- 300 grams fettuccine pasta (tagliatelle pasta works well too)
- roasted cherry tomatoes (see notes)
- grilled mushrooms
- fresh parsley (chopped)
Make the sauce:
- Heat a saucepan over medium-high heat and add the coconut oil. Once the oil has heated up, add the diced onions and sauté for roughly 4-5 minutes. Once the onions have started to become translucent add the garlic and sauté for a further 30 seconds. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Add 5 cm (2 in.) of water to another saucepan on high heat and steam the cauliflower for 5-7 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Add the steamed cauliflower, sauteed onion and garlic, nutritional yeast, plant-based milk, salt, pepper, lemon juice, soy sauce and chili powder to a high-speed blender.
- Pulse the mixture 3-5 times to start mixing it together. Add the ¼ cup of water and blend the mixture until it is completely smooth and creamy!
- Cook your pasta according to the package instructions, drain and set aside.
- Mix your cauliflower alfredo sauce with your pasta, stir in the mushrooms and roasted tomatoes. Garnish with fresh parsley and enjoy!