Easy Falafel Burger with Jalapeño Mayo
Falafel has always been one of our favorite foods, with a crispy crust, tasty interior and packed with fresh herbs. The sharp freshness of the coriander compliments the smoother taste of the chickpeas extremely well, giving the burger a balance of flavors.
Our easy falafel burger recipe is one of the quickest burger recipes we have ever made! Starting from scratch and building a mouthwateringly delicious burger in only 20 minutes is a miracle! The fact that this falafel burger is also pretty healthy helps me eat it even quicker!
Now, on to the recipe!
Easy Falafel Burger
For the patties:
- 1 can chickpeas drained and rinsed
- ½ red onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic
- ¼ cup fresh Italian parsley
- ¼ cup fresh coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon pink salt
- ½ cup chickpea flour (you can use any flour you have)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
To assemble the burger:
- 4 fresh burger buns
- burger relish
- fresh coriander
- sliced tomato
Make the falafel patties:
- Place the chickpeas, red onion, crushed garlic, parsley, coriander, cumin, pink salt, and flour in your food processor. Pulse the ingredients until they start to combine. Slowly add the olive oil as you pulse the mixture to help it combine. Make sure to stop every now and again to scrape down the sides of the food presser (this mixture sometimes sticks together too well!)
- Put some oil on your hands and form the falafel mixture into 3 inch by roughly ½ inch (8 cm by 2 cm) patties
- In a large skillet or pan, heat oil over medium-high heat and fry the patties. Let them fry for about 5 minutes on one side. Once you start to see the patties browning on the sides, turn them over and fry for another 5 minutes. If you like your patties to be crisp, fry them for a few minutes more. Remove from pan and let the extra oil drain on some paper towels
Assembling the burger:
- Cut your buns in half and toast in the oven until lightly golden
- Spread your preferred condiments over the lower bun and add some fresh coriander. Add your patty, guacamole, relish and sliced tomato in no particular order, top it off with a lightly toasted bun and enjoy!
What about dessert? Try our super simple one-bowl chocolate chip cookies!