An easy recipe for vegan blueberry cheesecake that tastes so delicious you won't believe it's a raw vegan dessert! Refined sugar-free and gluten-free too.
No-Bake Vegan Blueberry Cheesecake
If you have ever wondered "As a vegan, can I ever eat cheesecake?" then wonder no more. The answer is yes! Whether you're plant-based or not, you have to give this recipe a try.
Our vegan blueberry cheesecake recipe is completely raw, refined sugar-free and gluten-free too. It's perfect to serve on warm days as a cool, sweet dessert.
You can use any berry or fruit you like for the second layer and make something completely unique. Peanut butter or caramel also work well in this recipe and add another layer of deliciousness.
How to make a raw vegan blueberry cheesecake?
Step 1: Add the base ingredients to a food processor and process until it comes together into a sticky "dough". There should still be small pieces of nuts visible in the mixture and it should stick together if pressed together.
Step 2: Spoon the base "dough" into your prepared springform or cake pan and press down into an even layer. Cover and place in the freezer to set.
Step 3: To make the cheesecake mixture, add all of the cheesecake ingredients (except the blueberries) to a high-speed blender. Blend until the mixture is completely smooth and reserve half the mixture for later.
Pro tip: make sure to blend the cashew filling as long as you can. Give the mixture a taste as you blend to get an idea of the smoothness of the filling. The smoother the filling = the creamier your no-bake cheesecake will be!
Step 4: Pour the other half of the mixture over the base and gently tap the cake pan around the edges to smooth out the surface. Cover and freeze for at least 2 hours to set.
Step 5: Once the first layer has set, blend the reserved cheesecake mixture with the blueberries until completely smooth and purple.
Step 6: Pour the blueberry layer over the first layer, cover and freeze until completely set (minimum 2 hours or overnight).
Step 7: Slice, serve your vegan blueberry cheesecake topped with some fresh blueberries and enjoy!
Tips for making the perfect raw vegan blueberry cheesecake
- The one secret to making the perfect vegan blueberry cheesecake is to blend the cashews as long as you can. A high-speed blender can blend the cheesecake filling in a few minutes. There should be no noticeable cashew pieces in the filling when you're tasting it.
- You can use an immersion blender or food processor to blend the cashew cheesecake mixture. Just blend or process the mixture as long as you can for a smoother, creamier final cheesecake.
- To serve this cheesecake, remove from the freezer about 30 - 90 minutes before serving. This cheesecake works being served at room temperature or slightly colder. Serving the cheesecake colder makes it taste like an ice cream cake!
- Lemon juice is a crucial ingredient in this recipe as it gives the cheesecake its "cream cheese" like flavour. Adjust the amount of lemon to your tastes. If you love cheesecake for it's tangy creaminess, adding more lemon juice won't hurt!
- You can use any nuts you have around the kitchen for the cheesecake base. Almonds, cashews, peanuts, hazelnuts, pecans and even sunflower seeds work well.
- If a blueberry cheesecake isn't going to satisfy your craving, try some other flavours. You can change the blueberries to another berry or fruit for a fruit flavoured cheesecake. You can also add in nut butters, caramel or flavoured syrups to make this recipe your own.
Looking for more no-bake vegan dessert recipes?
If you have more blueberries that you need to use up, whip up a batch of our blueberry muffins! They're light, fluffy and perfect with your coffee in the morning.
Here are some more vegan dessert recipes that don't need any cooking at all:
- Key Lime Pie Cheesecake
- Raw Brownies with Peanut Butter Caramel
- 3 Ingredient Vegan Chocolate Mousse
- Carrot Cake with Cashew Cream Frosting
Vegan Blueberry Cheesecake
- Food processor
- High-speed blender
For the base:
- ½ cup raw almonds
- ½ cup raw cashews
- 1 cup fresh Medjool dates pitted
- ¼ cup coconut oil melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch sea salt
For the cheesecake:
- 1 cup cashews
- 1 cup coconut milk
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- Line a 6 inch (15 cm) springform or round cake pan with parchment paper and grease the sides with coconut oil. Set aside.
- Soak the cashews for the cheesecake filling in boiling water for 30 minutes before starting to make the base. You do not need to soak the cashews or other nuts for making the base.
- To make the base, add the almonds, cashews, pitted dates, coconut oil, vanilla extract and sea salt to a food processor and process until it comes together into a sticky "dough". There should still be small pieces of nuts visible in the mixture and it should stick together if pressed together.
- Spoon the base "dough" into your prepared springform or cake pan and press the base down as even as you can. Cover and place in the freezer to set.
- To make the cheesecake mixture, drain the cashews that have been soaking and add all of the cheesecake ingredients (except the blueberries) to a high-speed blender and blend until the mixture is completely smooth. Reserve half the mixture for later.
- Pour the other half of the mixture over the base and gently tap the cake pan around the edges to smooth out the surface. Cover and freeze for at least 2 hours to set.
- Once the first layer has set, blend the reserved cheesecake mixture with the blueberries until completely smooth and purple. Pour the blueberry layer over the first layer, cover and freeze until completely set (minimum 2 hours or overnight).
- To remove the cheesecake from the pan, run some hot water over a kitchen towel until it is soaked and wrap it around the pan for 30 seconds. This will melt the outside of the cheesecake and make it very easy to remove.
- Slice, serve your vegan blueberry cheesecake topped with some fresh blueberries and enjoy!