Vegan Tuna Salad Recipe
Our vegan tuna salad pasta is a quick, affordable lunch idea and also works well as a side dish. When we first tried a vegan tuna recipe we loved the taste so much that we decided to turn it into a pasta salad! The taste and texture are not completely the same as real tuna but if you're craving the taste of the sea, then you need to give this recipe a try. The nori sheets give this vegan tuna salad pasta a savory seafood flavor and the rest of the ingredients give this meal the perfect texture.
Our vegan tuna salad is easy to make in large batches and store in the fridge. This is great for a quick lunch on those busy days when making something from scratch isn't an option.
If you want more vegan seafood lunch ideas, check out our Vegan Sushi Sandwich recipe.
Tips for Making a Great Vegan Tuna Salad Every Time
- Feel free to adjust the flavor to your liking. Dill pickles and fresh herbs always work well with this recipe. Adding more shredded nori will really enhance that ocean flavor.
- You can make the texture of the tuna salad exactly the way you like it. You can either process it less in the food processor or crush the chickpeas by hand to get a rougher texture. Making it by hand is the best way to achieve the texture you prefer.
- Store your vegan tuna salad in the refrigerator overnight to get maximum flavor - this gives the ingredients time to properly mix and combine with each other, giving your vegan tuna salad a much richer flavor.
- With some experimentation, you can make your ideal vegan tuna salad, cruelty-free! It will probably taste as good, if not better, than a regular tuna salad too.
Vegan Tuna Salad
- 1 14 oz. can chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 2 tbsp nori shredded
- 1 tablespoon crushed garlic
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- ½ tablespoon chili flakes
- salt & pepper to taste
- 18 oz dried pasta of choice fusilli or farfalle work well
- ¾ cup mayo
- juice of half a lemon
- green onion finely chopped
- 1 red onion
- 1 bell pepper chopped
- 1 stalk celery chopped
- ½ cup peas
- Cook the pasta according to the package instructions. Drain and allow to cool down to room temperature while making rest of the vegan tuna salad.
- Add the chickpeas, nori, crushed garlic, mustard, vinegar, chili flakes to your food processor. Pulse until the mixture has some texture but it well mixed together.
- Add salt and pepper to the mixture to taste.
- In a large bowl, add the cooked pasta, vegan mayo, lemon juice, and mix thoroughly.
- Finally, add the onions, bell pepper, celery, and peas before mixing together.
- Serve and garnish with some fresh lemon juice and chili flakes.
If you make our vegan tuna salad recipe let us know by leaving a comment, tagging us on Instagram or using the hashtag #deliciousplants, we can't wait to see what you come up with!
P.S. What about something for that sweet tooth? Why not give our No-Bake Vegan Carrot Cake a try!